Saturday, September 4, 2010

Are you ready for some football?


This weekend the whole family - Nana, Grandpa, Sister, Brother-in-law, myself, the hubs, Miss E and her cousin Mr. F took the kids to see the Ducks play. They are our family team, as my Dad and myself are graduates and husband attended there with me. This was Miss E's first football game and I think she was a bit overwhelmed by the size of the crowd, the size of the stadium and the noise. We had her wearing ear protection for the first half and she still thought it was loud. The second half the stadium emptied to about half full (complete blow-out, ending score was 72-0) so we had our whole row of seats to ourselves, and it wasn't so loud. Throw in some curly fries, absolutely perfect weather and a trip down to the turf after the game was over and a good time was had by all.

On a side note - Mr. T and his cousin Miss U were too young to go so they stayed with a babysitter the cousins had used before but Mr. T had not met. He spent three days fussing about the babysitter and how he didn't want to stay with her, despite all my reassurances. The morning of the game, this all cumulated into a hysterical fit and there was nothing I could say to reassure him. I was starting to think I might end up missing the game. Then guess what happens? Babysitter arrives, he says hi and starts playing with a dump truck like nothing is going on. I give him a kiss and say good-by and he doesn't even look up. He spent the whole afternoon happily playing with her. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment