Sunday, July 24, 2011

Blueberries



Last week my mom and I put together an order from a local farm that sells bulk blueberries. I ordered 10 pounds, not really knowing what 10 lbs would look like. I almost ordered 20 pounds just in case 10 was too small. In fact, 10 lbs is quite a few blueberries. The pictures don't do this bag justice. It's HUGE.

This morning Peter went to work so I woke up to a quiet house, ran a few errands and then went to get the kiddos and came home to cycle blueberries through the freezer and hang out with the munchkins. It's amazing how as much as I love having them spend the night at my parents, I'm always happy to see them in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Blueberries fresh and delicious--muffins, bread, pancakes, waffles, smoothies, topping, jam, stuffed in chicken with a bit of sausage for flavor and bread cubes with onion and celery softened...

    The berries look marvelous, Sarah, great deal.

    ReplyDelete