Sunday, March 4, 2012

Family Day


It's pretty rare that we all have a weekend day where Peter isn't working AND we don't have any plans. When we do, we try to make the most of it. This morning we all went swimming and then to IKEA for lunch and to pick out some storage for Miss E's room. By the time we got home, I was pretty tired but Miss E wanted to ride her scooter so I hung out in the front yard weeding while she zoomed up and down the street. Then I spent about 3 hours putting her new cabinet together (IKEA I love and hate you). All and all it was a pretty sweet day. 

Days like this remind me of the line in Old School when Will Ferrel's character is talking about his weekend in a quote that ends up pretty much summing up married life: "Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time. "


No comments:

Post a Comment