Friday, April 20, 2012

Headache hell



I woke up this morning with the worst headache I have ever had. And I am a card-carrying long-term migraine sufferer. For me to complain about a headache, or even consider going to the doctor for a specific headache, it has to be REALLY BAD. The last 2 days, I've had terrible migraines that have been controlled with medication, but this one? I have taken ever single thing I can throw at it and still, worst pain ever. The trouble is, Peter is at work. I have 2 pick ups and drop offs today, a playdate and am supposed to pick up my niece and nephew in Albany and have 4 kids here overnight. Alone. With the worst headache I've ever had.

And there's nothing I can do. I have a dr.'s appointment this afternoon and as I was talking with Peter on the phone I told him I was worried that I would have to do an MRI or something since I will have exactly 1 hour from start of dr. appointment to picking up Miss E at playdate. His response "well, if you have to get that done I can come home". That is what needs to be happening for him to come home from work- an MRI or other serious medical test.

I'm not really complaining (except about the headache), it is what I signed up for (though I didn't really realize it at the time) and there are so many good things about his job that the downsides can be overlooked. But today? I feel scared. Really scared. How am I going to do this?

Miss E's playdate could be cancelled but then she would have to go to the Dr. with me so I would have 2 kids there, and I'm not sure that is easier than sending her to a friends house. I could call my sister and not have the cousins come for the weekend but then I am deeply disappointing four little kids and that is just not that easy to do. So I will carry on.

Update - overdose of meds finally dulled the pain (dr. was not happy about that), I  didn't hear what I wanted to hear from the Dr. and that was a little disheartening, but we got things fixed up so I could go get the kids and bring them back here. Ordered a pizza, watched a movie and sent them to bed. Tomorrow will be a better day. I know it - my four favorite kiddos are under my roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment