Monday, June 3, 2013

Swinging in the Tree


Someone really is missing her brother. He's been gone for four days now (fishing with Daddy) and it's just not the same without him. She has, however, been spending a lot of time climbing the trees and searching for bugs to put in her bug house.

Also, in other news, our oven exploded. Last night - it looked like firecrackers went off in it. Because of the nature of Peter's job, I am pretty good at handling things on the homefront when they come up. A firefighter just isn't going to be able to come home because a sink is clogged. It's just a fact of life. However, I don't deal with electricity or things that might explode, so I called in the repair guy on this one. Tonight I had the pleasure of paying $70 to hear that my oven is dead and we need a new one. Super fun.

What I have been enjoying, is my four days with this little lady. She and I, the two of us, we are quiet. We like to read and not talk incessantly and do our own thing. Sometimes when everyone is here it feels like we don't make those little spaces in the day to connect with each other as we have over the last four days. It's been so very very nice and I am reminded once again (over and over) what a lovely daughter I have in her. She's such a blessing and joy in my life to shepherd through childhood. When she is grown, and I don't have to do the full-on mom thing anymore, she is going to be a great friend and joy in that way. I could not be luckier.

1 comment:

  1. I am realllly glad you know what a treasure you have in your darlin' dot--I pray you have a relationship just like Meagan and I--but we did have to go through some stormy, and fiery territory before coming out on the adult side. And it's all so very worth it. She's totally blessed to have you for a mom--fer shurrrrre! I'm sad you won't be able to come to SR, but understand...

    ReplyDelete