Monday, October 18, 2010

Through the Corn Maze


This morning I was still sick- sick enough that I stayed home from work, Peter got the kids up and ready for school and I took a bath, then sat on the couch. However, I was feeling better than the last few days and is was gorgeous outside so Peter and I decided to pick Miss E up from school early and head out to the pumpkin patch. I love going to the pumpkin patch, it's one of may favorite holiday activities all year. I like the smaller patches, but not too small they don't have some fun activities, and during the week is best so they aren't as crowded. This year we tried a new one out in McMinnville called Farmer John's and it was great. A corn maze, a little hay maze, nice pumpkin patch you didn't have to walk a mile to get to and the pumpkins were gorgeous - huge and round and orange.

The kids were thrilled and there was a moment while they were running us through the corn maze where Mr. T yelled out that Miss E was his best bud and she called back that he was her best friend and the sun was shining down and it was perfect. Sickness aside, stress aside, it was just sunshine and corn and my happy carefree family. And it made my heart swell. Those are the moments I wish I could somehow capture and save for days when things aren't so great, to put it all in perspective.

1 comment:

  1. you have captured them, on film and in your heart... awwwwww...! <3

    ReplyDelete