Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas with the Grandparents



For some reason, back in September, I thought it would be a good idea to take a 2 day tax class on the 21st and 22nd this month. Well, I thought it was an OK idea. I figured Peter and the kids could do fun holiday stuff while I was busy learning tax stuff. So they are doing fun holiday stuff but I am not. And shocker of all shockers tax class is not that fun. Sure, I am getting to know a few ladies from the office better and knitting the kids scarves and drinking cup after cup of lovely green tea but overall, I wish I was hanging out with the family.

Today my in-laws came for the afternoon to see the kids and exchange presents and I didn't missed seeing them. The kids were thrilled though - they love seeing Grandma Patti and Grandpa Randy. Patti ALWAYS reads to them, whatever they want (even Captain Underpants!) and Randy sits on the floor and plays with them. Their presents to the kids this year was Legos which are awesome! Legos are my favorite toys ever and the kids will do them for hours. Literally hours. Tonight my sister and her family stopped by for dinner and in our little house filled with 4 adults and 4 kids and 2 dogs, you hardly heard a peep out of the kids as they were playing in their bedrooms setting up the Lego set. After awhile my nephew helped Mr. T with his set and Miss E and my niece played house or school or doll house or some variation on that. But the adults got to sit and chat and have a nice dinner. It was a lovely evening all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment