Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cinnamon Bear Cruise


Today was Day 2 of tax class for me. Boo.  While I was at class though my family was playing....

Last year my mom took Miss E and my nephew on the Cinnamon Bear Cruise. This year she took Mr. T and my niece. Peter got to go along too, in order to even out the adult/child ratio. Mr. T apparently had a great time. It's a boat cruise up and down the Willamette river and they have all kinds of folks dressed up as characters from the Cinnamon Bear story. They ate, they drank hot chocolate, they got autographs from all the characters and sat on the Cinnamon Bear's lap. While they were doing that, my sister and her hubs took Miss E and my nephew to lunch at the Concordia Brew Pub. Tonight, after class, my parents took all 10 of us out to dinner at the Old Spaghetti FActory. We have taken all the kids out to eat before but to be honest, 4 kids under the age of 7 (or 6 last year) do not make for the best restaurant experience. Tonight was different though - finally! The kids sat in their seats, they ate their food, the talked in conversational tones with us, and generally they helped make it a lovely dinner. And with that, class is over and the holiday activities have begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment