Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lovely Weekend


Ahhh...blissful weekend. Peter is off both Saturday and Sunday, football playoffs are on, Miss E has a birthday party today and tomorrow and I am roasting a chicken for dinner.

The party today was a cooking one, meaning the girls got to bake the cake, make the frosting and cook their lunch. I was a little worried how it would go since Miss E doesn't like FOOD, but apparently it went great. She did all the cooking stuff and even ate some of the homemade yukon gold fries - which for the record folks is a potato, a vegetable. A vegetable crossed her lips that was not bribed, forced or otherwise cajoled! Amazing.

On the current food battle front, the score is something like Miss E 5,675 - Parents 2. She has literally not eaten a bite of dinner these last 2 nights. Cereal or toast with peanut butter in the morning, lunch is pear, crackers and cheese, and snack has been pear and pirate's booty. That is it. I'm starting to worry that she is going to be the only child in the state of Oregon with scurvy. Then I would have to explain to the Department of Health that they are welcome to try and get an orange, some lettuce and/or a piece of chicken to cross those lips. My parents complained that I was picky because I would only order french fries and a salad whenever we dined out. Well. At this point I would take that and feed it to her every meal of every day if I could.

In (slightly) related news, sometimes I think a sound-proof scream room would be nice in our house.

It disturbs me a bit that this post so quickly and briefly went from blissful weekend to sound-proof scream room. Hmmm...I'm thinking that's not so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment