Friday, February 18, 2011

Miss E's Room - Beginning



Peter left today and I started painting Miss E's room. The last time this was done was before she was born and we painted it a beutiful, calm yellowy-gold color. Now she is 6 and we are doing a little girl room for her. We aren't changing bedding or furniture or anything else major- just paint. I let her pick the color but, mindful that I didn't want anything too awful (no bright cotton candy pink please!), we went to a local paint store and looked at the kids collection of Devine Paint (it's the Banana's and Beans one). These colors are all designed not to be too offensive but still fun. She picked out blue for the top, green for the bottom and we are going to get flower decals to put on the walls. Her closet, which is completely open, is going to be a dark raspberry color. I'm really excited, I think it's going to be really pretty and girly but not so much so that when she is 9 she's going to hate it.

I haven't ever painted a 2-tone wall before so I'm a little nervous about getting the ling between the "grass" and "sky" right. Tonight though, I just put on the first coat of the blue. It looks really good. The picture comes through more grey than it actually is. Miss E says it looks like an ocean in her room. I love that she is so excited about this. I also love that she is a super girly-girl these days but had no hesitations about picking blue for her room. It will look feminine and pretty but the fact that she didn't immediately feel like it had to be pink made me happy. Now I just can't wait to see it done! Oh wait... I'm the one that has to do it. Dang.

No comments:

Post a Comment