Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Swim Lessons

Mr. T started swim lessons again today and it was fraught with anxiety. He was so nervous. So so nervous. Even though it was the same level he took last time, even though he knew he could do everything they asked. He insisted that I take him to class - which I did even though it meant a morning off of work for me.

And he was fine. He had the same wonderful teacher as last time and she was as excited to see him as he was to see her. He hopped right in the pool and did everything she asked. Peter and I were both relieved. Mr. T is so nervous in the water, both in swim lessons and when he is swimming with us. It kind of ruins his enjoyment of vacations with pools, going out on a boat and family swim trips. I'm not a great swimmer but I'm good enough. Miss E is pretty good, and of course, Peter is great (because he's good at all physical stuff). I want Mr. T to feel that enjoyment as well. Maybe after a few hundred bucks worth of swim lessons he will.

No comments:

Post a Comment