Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Home again home again jiggity jig


Got home late last night from my trip. I could write this two ways:

1) I am so glad to be home to Peter and the kids. I missed them terribly, their faces, cuddling with them and just being in the comfort of our family. When the plane landed in Portland, it felt like I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding. I missed talking to the kiddos and hearing about the day to day activities of their lives. I missed having Peter around. Today I have just been drinking them in.

and

2) I am so incredibly tired and strung out. I don't know if it's jet lag or trip let down or what but I feel like crap. The kids and Peter all want and deserve some one on one time with me and I want to give that to them but at the same time, I kind of feel like a zombie. And I'm out of sync with everything at the house. The schedule, the e-mails, the pile of mail, it all feels overwhelming. Went to bed at 7:45 tonight (P is at work) because I could not keep my eyes open any longer. Then proceeded to wake up every 3 hours wondering where I was (that's what staying in 9 different beds over 14 days will do to you) and freaking out that someone left our hotel (bedroom) door open.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better, I'm sure it will be. I was kind of glad Peter was at work today so I didn't have to subject him to what a mess I was. I keep reminding myself to take it one step at a time. I don't have to re-orient myself to the household stuff all at once. The e-mails can wait, the schedule can wait, the most important thing right now are the kiddos, my husband, and getting myself feeling more on top of it. Eventually, I will go back and update the blog for the days I missed but for now, I'm taking it one step at a time.

2 comments:

  1. It alllll can wait! Well, 'cept for feeding/loving your fam--it probably will take you a full week to feel "normal" again--so go gentle on yourself! Truly. Sleeeeeep soundly for as long as you can, whenever you can and be sure to have a good time being home, too--one way or another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't is amazing how we can feel two different ways at the same time! We are very complex beings :)

    ReplyDelete