Saturday, June 18, 2011

Apple Pancakes


For various reasons I found myself awake early this morning in my sister's house with three children looking at me asking for food. Ummm... I don't know where her cooking stuff is kids....  Fixing breakfast in a strange kitchen seemed an unreasonably daunting task and as I was sitting there pondering how many toaster waffles I could get away with feeding them, my parents called and invited us to meet them for breakfast. YES please! So I loaded up all three kids in the mini-van (one of the millions of reasons I love the mini van and booster car seats) and we met my parents at the local pancake house for a heavy dose of coffee, dutch babies, apple pancakes and blueberry pancakes. The kids are all old enough now that this was actually a pretty fun experience for all of us. Back a few years, when we had 2,3 and 4 year olds if you had asked me to take all three of them to a restaurant I would have cried but now, they are pretty easy. It also doesn't hurt to have a wonderful set of parents/grandparents who help out in every possible way.

1 comment:

  1. where's the missing kid 'n parents? :) Glad ya had fun!

    ReplyDelete