Saturday, February 25, 2012

Something you (my mom) made


My mom is an amazing cook. Truly, she really is. Not only is she a great cook but she always cooks with the  highest quality ingredients, which really makes a difference. She was always a good cook but my sister and I were picky and she was busy when we were little so the food she made was wonderful but more simple. With time and a less picky audience, she has just amazed me with the things she tries out and how good everything turns out.

Peter is working both days this weekend and Mr. T is sick (more on that tomorrow) so we are kind of limited to what we can do. My mom invited the kids and I over for dinner tonight and made us a feast. Not the kids, the adults. We had red wine, spanish olives and saganaki for appetizers (fried cheese people, FRIED CHEESE!) and for dinner she made salmon and potatoes and I made green beans. It was delicious and made me so happy and was so much better than the quesadillas I was going to throw together at home. After dinner the kids got to teach Nana and Grandpa how to play Apples to Apples which made them pretty happy. I was still reveling in the fried cheese. Mmm....

Saturday night dinner at Nana's. It really makes the fact that you are home alone on Saturday night (which happens A LOT, more often than not) more fun.

2 comments:

  1. Just thinking about FRIED CHEESE is enough for me. Dairy and I don't get along well, but I may have to make an exception for fried cheese; your version looks nothing like the Mozzarella Sticks that other places offer. Pray tell, what kind of cheese and would she be willing to share her recipe ?~! thanks for posting Sarah, i am glad to see all is well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    Your comments are much too kind about my cooking, but they have more than not only made my day, but my week. Thanks darlin'.

    ReplyDelete