Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Quiet


My family is gone this week, all three of them are visiting my in-laws. It's kind of a spring break tradition we've cooked up since I can't get away for vacation this time of year and the kids and Peter can't just sit aimlessly around the house for  a week. So they head down to southern oregon to see the grandparents and I stay here to work. And that's what I've been doing. Working 8 hour days (usually I can only get in 6) and then coming home to paint Mr. T's room in the evenings. He's getting his first big boy room - star wars theme.

It has been so quiet. I have made eggs with garlic and spinach for breakfast and not eaten dinner until 8. Did I mention the quiet? There is something about not having someone talking to you every blessed minute that you are home that is rejuvenating. At the same time,  I miss my kiddos and am eagerly awaiting them to come home and chatter away to me about their trip. Funny how motherhood works.

For now though, I know they are having a great time and I'm enjoying my space. It's been stressful, the car is becoming a bigger issue than we though, someone I love is going through a hard time, and there aren't enough hours in the day to work as much as I need to and still get Mr. T's room redone, but it's also been peaceful and I feel relaxed in the midst of all the stress. Does that make sense?

Tonight it's salad for dinner, blasting music that Peter hates (rhianna anyone?), and putting Mr. T's room back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment