Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Dear Flu, I cry uncle.

When I'm lying in bed, this is the view out the window next to me. Not too shabby and I spent a lot of time staring at these trees the last few days.

Remember my last post on Sunday, when I said I was giving myself Sunday and Monday to be sick and then I was going back to work?

Mmm..hmmm....

Well. Since then I have been basically bedridden for, oh, 3 days now. I went to the doctor yesterday, realizing as they were checking me in that I wasn't feeling very good and when the nurse took my temp - 102.5- that explained it. My lovely doctor told me I have the flu. And I freakin' feel like it. I have also pretty much completely lost my voice (to which Peter jokingly asked if we could discuss all our marriage issues today - at least I think he was joking) so all I can do is whisper to everyone.

Peter has been so wonderful handling the kids and the house and taking care of everything so that I can spend all day laying in bed or on the bottom of the tub as the shower pours over me. However, I can tell the kids are getting ready for me to get back up, as am I and (I'm sure) as is Peter.  It's terrible timing with tax season and everything and I just am so anxious to get better. I was hoping to be back at work tomorrow but since most of today has been spent in bed and taking a shower exhausted me enough that I needed a nap afterward, I don't think that's going to happen.

On the bright side, Miss E and Mr. T headed back to school today. Miss E had a great day, her teacher said that she and her best friend acted like they hadn't seen each other in years instead of the week and a half it's been and even though she missed some stuff she's fine catching up. Mr. T came home pretty exhausted, took a nap and then threw a huge fit after his nap. It's hard to tell if the fit is just normal (he actually used to do that all the time when he napped - he's not great at waking up in the middle of the day) or if he's still not feeling good.

I am ready to be done, thank you very much.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, so sorry--timing stinks! I loved your photo--what a gorgeous view indeed! Even if you're staring at it as you're sorta shackled to the bed... Glad the kids are better, and oh, so glad you've a man who's able to do, be, and take care of things around the house 'n kids. Many aren't. Ugh! Hang in there, and soon this all will just be a dumb memory, and you'll be up working again... I love you!

    ReplyDelete