Sunday, April 29, 2012

They're Hatching!


The kids and I went out to breakfast this morning and an older couple paid for our breakfast. It was kind of awesome. I think they thought I was a single mom taking her kids out to eat (no wedding ring, no husband on Sunday morning) but I also think people assume that a lot about me. 

This afternoon we went to the school where Mr. T's teacher was hosting an open house because the chicks were hatching! So exciting. We were the first ones there and got to help her move the first chicks from the incubator into the holding pen. Mr. T explained to us all about the stages and how they were developing and why there were dice in the water bowl (to keep them from drowning) and told us which one was which of the 6 that were hatched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment