Thursday, April 12, 2012

Good things, bad things and keeping perspective



Today is the day that we get the van back from the body shop! Yeah! It's been there for just over three weeks. Three weeks of one car, borrowing a second, a rental and coordinating schedules.

Today is also the day that I got rear-ended in our other car (you know, the one that got a new windshield last week after a rock flew off a cement truck and cracked it again?). And then spent 6 hours pretending that it didn't happen because OH MY GOD ARE YOU KIDDING ME???  Sore neck/shoulder? More insurance crap? Another car in the same body shop? Cannot happen.

It doesn't help that I've already been starting to wallow in a pit of self-pity. I've been sick for a few weeks now and I'm still exhausted, coughing and don't feel good. Work is exhausting and stressful. Peter and I have hit a bump that I'm not sure I can get over. The cars have been a source of trouble over the past month. It all feels very dark and bleak and self-pity worthy.

The thing about that is that I really try not to be that girl. The one who is all "woe is me, my life is so crappy blah blah blah..." because really, it's not true. My life isn't crappy, it's pretty blessed actually, it's just we've had a little run of hard things happening. And even then, it hasn't been anything too horribly awful, just more annoyances. But really, when that lady rear -ended me today I VERY NEARLY jumped out of my car yelling "are you kidding me!" but I didn't because  that would have been a little (a lot) crazy. And rear-ending's happen. I'm just not sure I should be driving a car anytime soon.

On a side note, Mr. T's class is incubating and hatching chicken eggs which is AWESOME. And Miss E is  REALLY into Harry Potter and her hair. One of those is AWESOME and one not so much. I'll let you guess which is which.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, so darn sorry you got rear ended--A few months ago, I was the one who sloooowly bopped into a car at a red light, and the young gal yelled at me and made me cry--and then--voila! her big bruiser husband popped up immediately, practically, and he too made me cry! Hardly any damage, but they probably had had a week like yours--who knows! Well, one thing for certain--this too shall pass! It will... so hang in there. Darlin' pic of my ggirl--she was into brushing her hair, and washing it, when she was here too. I was surprised at that change! Awww, they just keep a growin'... <3

    ReplyDelete