Friday, November 12, 2010

Apple Farm



Since Miss E didn't have school today, and Mr. T was having a sub, I asked him if he wanted to skip school so we could do something fun (ahem..not that school isn't fun....). We've been inside entirely too much lately so I figured it was time for a trip to an apple farm near us and at the and while we were there, I would shoot some pictures to  hopefully use for our Christmas card. 

The kids dragged me out of bed at 7:20 (which is 20 minutes later than normal - thanks guys!) and we had the most delicious pumpkin pancakes ever breakfast. After that we headed out to the apple farm where we walked around, took pictures, had a snack and enjoyed the foggy November morning.  I got some great pictures of the kids, incredible pictures. They were in good moods, the setting was beautiful and I think I snapped about 80 pictures. We moved to 3 different spots and I never shot them for more than 3 or 4 minutes at a time. That doesn't seem like long, but when you drag it out too much you lose the mood and start getting forced smiles, or annoyed looks. By the end of the trip, they were all red nosed and happy, Mr. T finishing his apple and Miss E telling him jokes. 

These last few days have me feeling like I've taken a deep breath. Things have slowed down, evened out. The last 2-day Peter was at home (non fire folks: 2-day is the break in between 24 hour shifts) was lovely and calm and relaxed with no catastrophes or snapping or rushing. I've been able to see my friends, take some time to really enjoy the kids and manage a few things at home. I know it will get busy again, it always does, but that makes it possible to really savor days like these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment