Thursday, January 6, 2011

Checking the Cookies



Tomorrow we are leaving for a weekend trip to Odell lake, which means that today I am frantically cooking and packing things up. Mr. T in this picture is checking the cookie dough to make sure it's OK before I bake it. Why he had to put an oven mitt on to do so, I have no idea.

In other news, Mr. T went to his second swim lesson today and I feel it's my duty at this point to issue a PSA to all the parents out there with younger children.  DO NOT WAIT UNTIL YOUR CHILD IS 4 TO START SWIM LESSONS. Please, for the love of god, get them into the water on a regular basis sooner than that. Otherwise you end up with a 4 1/2 year old that you have to coax into water that is up to his waist while he shakes, cries and clings to you. It's not pretty folks, not pretty at all. The one good thing is that this class, through some stroke of luck, has 2 FANTASTIC teachers and only 5 kids. This means that one of the teachers was able to break off and spend the first 1/2 of the class getting Mr. T into the water. After that, and a hefty bribe from your truly (lunch after class if he participated), he got in the water and by the end was kicking his feet, blowing bubbles and even jumping off the wall into waist deep water. Whew. I spent most of the class with my face buried in a magazine, thinking that if he made eye contact with me it would give him an easier route out of the water, but I peeked a lot and was so proud of him at the end. He really was super brave and overcame a good deal of fear to participate. Now we'll see how does twice a week for the next 6 weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment