Friday, February 25, 2011

Day off - and the start of another 48


Miss E had a day off from school today (report card prep). It's so rare that I have her alone in the mornings anymore. She's always in school when Mr. T is and while I have a lot of one-on-one time with him, I don't get very much with her anymore. So I asked her what she wanted to do together this morning and she said go to the coffee shop and get her some new shoes (that's my girl -coffee and shoe shopping). So that's what we did. It was freezing out so we headed to the mall and just enjoyed our time chatting and shopping. I found a few things for myself, she looked at shoes but didn't find the "perfect" pair. We got her sized though and found some on-line she liked this afternoon.

In honor of our special day, I even let her have an entire blueberry muffin from Starbucks. It hurt a little inside to watch her eat it (all those calories! all that trans-fat!) but she was so happy that I let it go. The lady at starbucks even put her name on her water cup and they called it when it was ready. She felt like such a big girl picking up her own drink. It's the little things you know.

Ahh...this girl brings me joy. She keeps me on my toes and she brings me such great happiness. More than any other person in the family she has made me a better person. That sounds strange but it is true. It is she who made me a mother, and she who mainly keeps me on my toes trying to improve my mothering every day.  I would not be who I was today if it weren't for her and my life would certainly be less colorful.

Peter called tonight and has a shift for tomorrow so we are on another 48. I'm so glad these have gotten so much easier. So much so that I'm only feeling happy he has the extra shift and not stressed about how I'm going to handle things at home.

Tonight is movie night -Marmaduke - which may be the worst movie ever made. I got it because we watched How to Train Your Dragon last week which Mr. T deemed "too scary". I figured Marmaduke wouldn't be scary but holy talking animals, lips moving, fart jokes and inappropriate things for a (my) 4 and 6 year old. Next time I will vet the movie more intensively.

I also made these chicken fingers for dinner along with the oven fries she has with them. They were all delicious but what a lot of work for chicken strips and fries. I'm not sure it was worth it but they were good.

Wow, this got really wordy. I guess that's what happens when I am home alone for too long- it's either this or way too many facebook posts. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment