Saturday, April 2, 2011

Airplane


Well, today is Saturday. Usually on Saturday in the mornings, especially if Peter is working, I let the kids get up by themselves and watch TV. Miss E can get yogurt for both of them and work the TV and knows that Channel 10 (PBS) is all they can watch. Then I get to sleep in until 8ish. That was how this morning was supposed to go. Instead, I woke up at the crack of 7 to hear arguing. And then one child threatening to hit another child, and then more arguing. Sigh. So I got up, flipped off the TV, put the most offending child in a brief time out and started to cook breakfast.

Once we ate and everyone was in a better mood, I said "go play" - which means "find something to do". After a bit of flitting from one activity to another, they settled on making our couch into an airplane. Miss E used this music board as her control panel and Mr. T packed his bags and his "friends" and off they went on an adventure. More often than not, if I leave them alone, they end up playing a game of some sort or another together.

It worked out well today because I have a ton of catching up to do at the house. We are at the busy busy busy part of tax season and for the last few weeks I have been trying to work a lot of ours, continue my full-time mom and house duties, exercise and get ready for my trip to Spain. At the end of the days I am really exhausted. Too exhausted for laundry or meal planning or kids room cleaning or bill paying or grocery list making.  So that is what I am going to do today. While the kids angelically amuse themselves and each other. Ok, it may not all be angelic but overall they are super helpful kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment