Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter


This morning when we woke up (6:15!) we found that the tricky Easter bunny had hidden the kid's buckets and left them a bunch of clues to follow to find them. The clues were harder this year than in the past and involved going out to the van, in the backyard and in the shed as well as all over the house. Once the kids found their buckets, they were so happy! Mr. T kept exclaiming "Mommy! Guess what? The Easter bunny knows I like Batman! He brought me Batman stuff!". It was maybe one of the cutest things ever.

Miss E was pretty happy with her bucket too, despite the fact that she did not get the puppy she asked for. We went to my mom's for a delicious brunch and an egg hunt and then the 4 of us went to see Rio which was an awesome movie. Really, I haven't laughed that much at a movie in a long time.

In the afternoon, Peter came home and we had a lovely family dinner, including the homemade ice cream cake, my first, which turned out fantastic. Too good really, but it kept me from stealing the kid's Easter candy because truthfully, I'm not above doing that.

Just to keep it real, in the midst of all this lovely holiday stuff, Miss E threw a few fits, the kids asked me if they could have candy about 100,000 times and Mr. T cried quite a bit because his tummy hurt. But, it's not really a holiday without a few of those things happening, at least not with kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment